9 years ago I walked into an auditorium with one of my closest friends by my side. This was the second time I had the opportunity to attend a church camp that wasn’t run by my home church. I always felt totally out of place […]
Month: March 2018
I’m sort-of late to the whole charcoal thing in beauty! Seriously, though…what’s with all the charcoal now?! It’s everywhere…I thought we only needed charcoal in our mascara!! That was enough for me! The most I’ve used is charcoal pore strips from Biore’ and honestly…I feel […]
Wow! What a crazy couple months we have had. From a big “scare” to the suspense of finding out the gender, we have had an exciting journey so far!
Our big “scare” or “surprise” started a few weeks ago. (In my mind it was a big scare, and I think you will realize what I mean really soon!) Because of finances, I needed to transfer all my records and appointments to the OBGYN at Nason in Roaring Spring, PA. My first appointment I went by myself because I thought it would be all paperwork and nothing more. To my surprise, I was able to hear the baby’s heartbeat for the first time! What a joy and a relief to hear the heartbeat and know that there is a strong healthy baby growing inside of me! I was disappointed that my husband wasn’t there, but was glad the doctor let me record it on my phone for him to hear later that evening. The doctor said it was strong and everything sounded great, she cleaned the FREEZING cold jelly off my belly and said, “Ok, I’ll be right back.”
Previously, she had told me that scheduling an ultrasound wasn’t necessary because I was measuring right on target, the heartbeat sounded great and strong and I wasn’t having any complications. So her walking out of the room without a reason kind of caught me off guard. While I waited patiently, my mind was racing … why she would leave and be gone for several minutes. Soon she entered back into the room, sat down in front of me and told me that she heard a really strong heartbeat…on BOTH sides. I just stared at her and said, “As if there is more than one?” She chuckled and said there is only one way of knowing for sure. Normally if it is really strong on one side, there is a bit of an echo or its more faint on the other side. If you want we can get you an appointment scheduled to find out for sure. The soonest appointment they could make was a week away! The wait was intense and long. I have already stated in a previous post, that we weren’t planning on having one right away…LET ALONE TWO AT THE SAME TIME!
When my husband came home that evening, I asked him to come and sit down beside me and listen to the video I had recorded of the heartbeat. After he listened to it, I started to explain what the doctor said to me. He was catching the drift before I could finish, and he kept putting his finger over my mouth and saying, “Shhhh shhhhhh don’t say it…don’t say it.” I was laughing/crying all at the same time saying we will not know for sure until next week.
The next week we both anxiously walked into the technicians room and I laid on the table. She told me before she started that she loved telling people they were having twins! While she was prepping me my mind was racing and I couldn’t wait to find out if we were having one or two! As soon as she touched my belly I could visbally see that there was only ONE! An unbelievable wave of relief came over me and I was thanking the Lord he is giving me the opportunity to carry one before the chance of carrying two!
Over the next few weeks we continued with appointments and anxiously waited to see if we were having a girl or a boy! I wasn’t going to start the nursery or do much preparation until I knew for sure what we were having.
The anatomy scan was scheduled for this past week and we were asked right at the beginning if we wanted to know boy/girl, if she could tell. I quickly responded with a, “YES MA’AM.” The baby was in a really bad position so it took a long time to get all the pictures she needed. After about twenty-five minutes, she said, “ok! are you ready?”… I said, “Yes”, and she said, “Its a GIRL!” My husband said, “There are way too many girls in the Patterson family.” I just laughed and a few minutes later she confirmed, when the baby was in a better position, that we are indeed having a little girl!
I will admit that although pretty much everyone was hoping for a boy, a wave of relief came over me that I was not entering a brand new territory of having a little boy. (Although we still want a boy someday.) All I know is girls and I know that I can handle the “girl stuff.”
In the very early stages of finding out and starting to think about names, my husband said if we had a girl he wanted to name her after his mom. So my mind instantly went to work! His mom’s name is Lisa Ann Kline and my mom’s name is Sherri Lynn Patterson. One day at work, it hit me! We can combine the two! I like calling people by their middles names so I knew I wanted the first and middle name to go well together so we can use both. We are so pleased to announced that come the end of July beginning of August, we will get to meet our little AnnaLynn (pronounced as one word) Kline!
Spring Décor (Thrift Store Style) If you are like me, I have a lot of decorations for fall and Christmas, but when it comes to spring – not so much. This year I am determined to add to my décor with a few spring […]
So, this past week our Church Youth Group got to go to a Youth Conference in Lexington, Kentucky! You will see in the pictures that there was a lot of good preaching! But we got to go with Williamsburg Independent Bible Baptist Church so I am thankful for them letting us go with them! Having eight hour’s to travel back on a bus it’s perfect for writing a blog! Wednesday Morning we left around 7:30 and got to Kentucky around 5:00 just in time for the first service on Wednesday night. Dr. Jim Jorgensen, the Executive Vice President at Commonwealth Baptist College was preaching first and then after his Sermon, we got to hear Dr. William Davis!
On Thursday Morning, we got to hear Chris Dallas and Dr. Jim Jorgensen! We went on an activity they had for us that afternoon. We went Roller Skating, Mini Golf, Soccer Ball, and Laser Tag! Later that evening, we went to tour Commonwealth College! Which was amazing.
Friday Night, we got to hear Pastor Jeff Fugate, the Pastor of Claysmill Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky We also heard Dr. Justin Cooper and Dr. William Davis.
I really enjoyed my time in Kentucky. The messages really spoke to me throughout the conference. Most of them were about getting on the boat for God! With their theme being Launch Forth and with most message’s being in Luke chapters 5-10! They preached a lot about the things in the boat (your life) and how there might be some things that hinder you in your Christian life that you need to throw out of your boat (music, movies, and whatever hinder’s you not to serve the Lord better)!
They also talked about having a walk with God. I always lived in a Christian home being a Pastor’s daughter. I always was around Church and was always told you need to start your walk with God early in life. I was taught when you start anything in life, God is in it with you! I almost always read my Bible or at least read a verse, if I woke up late. Hearing almost every preacher talk about having a walk with God, really convicted me about actually having a REAL walk with God and not just going through the motions! But that is just two of things they were talking about they had tons of amazing messages!
Here are some photos from my amazing trip!
I love spring time! Mostly because I hate the cold…so spring means that the warmer weather, flowers, the smell of fresh cut grass and green trees are on their way! A couple weeks ago I bought a Hyacinth at Aldi’s and over the next couple days it bloomed!
Now my hallway smells like spring and I have major spring fever. If you live in Pennsylvania, the teasing of warmer weather isn’t helping! Probably my favorite thing about Spring is “Spring Cleaning!” I love cleaning, and what a better time to pull out those bright fresh curtains, wipe those winter cobwebs and pull out the bright decor for the porch. I cannot wait until Spring is officially here…but have you ever thought about “spring cleaning” other things in your life, other than your house? As you make your list of things that need to be cleaned in your house, do not forget to take time and think about what needs cleaned out of your spiritual life! We can always be improving our walk with the Lord and service for Him. Here are some thought-provoking things to think about “cleaning out” of your life.
1. Pride- Everyone one of us has an element of pride in our life. Unfortunately most of the time, it creeps in and we do not even realize it! Just ask some of your friends, they will tell you where the pride lies in your life. Evaluate your life, if there’s anything in your life that can be labeled as pride? Get rid of it!
Psalm 10:4 “The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.”
2. Anger- How do you correct your children, talk to your husband or even those you work around? Would they say you respond rather than react to things that come up in your life? Take a step back and think, “Am I more intent on listening or do I lash out and say the first thing that comes to mind?” Our service to our family and to the Lord is GREATLY hindered if you are utilizing anger in your life.
James 1:19-20 “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.”
3. Unforgiveness/Bitterness- This can be so damaging to your relationships and friendships. Don’t harbor unforgiveness! It takes more work to harbor hatred and unforgiveness than it does to forgive and forget. Don’t live a miserable life always trying to find a way to avoid that person, find the next way you will make their life miserable or just forget them all together. Get rid of all that build up and live a life free of resentment. Remember Who has forgiven you? We don’t deserve the forgiveness that was offered to us at the Cross of Calvary … yet everybody takes that forgiveness, and then thinks somehow what someone else has done to them is “far worse” than what we have committed against Christ.
Mark 11:25-26 “And when you stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will you Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
4.Gossip- This is a serious problem, that most don’t recognize as a problem. Gossip can ruin relationships, friendships, and work ethics. Don’t be someone who is always talking about someone else in a negative way. That is a sure way to lose friends. Nobody likes to be around someone who is always negative or talking negatively about someone. It is emotionally exhausting and they won’t stick around for long.
Proverbs 16:28 “A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.”
5. Addictions- God has given me the privilege to work with many addicted people. However, addictions don’t just come in the form of drugs or alcohol. TV, cell phones, food, books, spending money, music, friends, etc. What is your addiction? Many of these creep their way into our lives and before we know it, they have a tight grip on our life. Don’t let these things get in the way of your relationship with the Lord, your priority of being a wife and mother, and your service for the Lord.
Matthew 6:24 “No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.”
6. Fear, Worry, or Doubt- If there is one thing that I struggle with it is trust. I KNOW God has everything under his control, yet, I still choose to fret and worry about things that are really out of my control anyway! My husband has been a great example for me in this area and is always encouraging me to trust the Lord and leave everything up to Him! Don’t live your life in fear of what may or may not happen. Trust me when I say, you won’t experience God’s blessing to the fullest when you are so focused on what you don’t have, you missed all the MANY blessings you already have!
Philippians 4:6 “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God.”
7. Guilt Over the Past- I have seen many a life thrown away from holding guilt over what they have done in the past. When you repent of your sins and become a child of God, He forgives you and your sins are remembered no more. Not because God forgets them…he can’t. He CHOOSES not to remember them. The Bible says your sins are “…as far as the East is from the West…” So leave your past in the past and serve the Lord without the bondage of guilt from your past. Your testimony is one of the greatest tools you have, so use it for His honor and His glory.
I Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.”
These are just of the few things on my list of “Spiritual Spring Cleaning.” What is on your list to get rid of? Let’s get rid of all the trash in our lives so we not only have a clean home this spring … but a clean spirit as well!