Finished! I love the sound of that word. I can’t wait to show you all the beautiful thing I put in our master bedroom. We have been enjoying our bedroom. What a fun project. Here are some tips when you are decorating a master bedroom.…
Hello friends! These past few months I’ve been updating my Master Bedroom. I videoed the entire process and am excited to share the final results!
Here are the links mentioned in the video!
Disclaimer: Mother Hen Five will receive a very small commission in the use of these links. We appreciate your support and hope this post has been a great help to you!
We love getting together as a family on holidays. Most of the time, family members will bring the same dish year after year. It’s the dish you look forward to – tradition. Once in a while, we will bring a new dish to the table, but we know being together is what is important.
We hope you enjoy our side dishes and maybe we can inspire you to bring something new to your table this holiday season.
Sherri made a Sweet Potato Bake. Enjoy!
I got this recipe from one of the first Taste Of Home Magazines. I’m sorry I don’t have the author of this recipe, but it’s delicious!
- 3 C Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 C Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1/4 C Butter (softened)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 C Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Chopped Pecans
- 1/4 C Flour
- 2 TBS Cold Butter
- Mix mashed sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt, and vanilla in a bowl. Transfer to a baking dish. Mix the topping ingredients all together to make a crumble. Crumble the topping mixture on top of the sweet potatoes mixture. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes. Enjoy!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds of brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 c. roughly chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons cane syrup
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together Brussels sprouts, oil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper. Place in an even layer on prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans, and bake until sprouts are tender, about 10 minutes more. Drizzle with cane syrup just before serving.
Creamy Broccoli Stuffing
- 10 oz. package frozen broccoli
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1-1/2 T butter, melted
- 6 oz. box stuffing mix
- 2-1/2 T. flour
- 1/4 lb. processed cheese, sliced
- Cook broccoli until tender.
- Make a white sauce with the butter, flour, and milk. Cook until thickened.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to directions on package.
- Lightly oil a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Put a layer of broccoli in bottom of baking dish, layer cheese slices on top of broccoli. Spread a layer of white sauce on top of the cheese and then add a layer of stuffing.
- Repeat layers as above, ending with stuffing.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
I didn’t have any sliced cheese when I made this, but shredded cheese works just fine too!
We really enjoyed this dish! I thought it was delicious! It was really easy to throw together even though it seems like a long process! This recipe is from a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook! They are super cute and have a lot of good recipes! This is from the book “A Pinch of This, A Dash of That.”
Your family will love this Texas Roadhouse cinnamon butter knock-off! Try it on crescent rolls, biscuits, etc. You can find this easy recipe here >>>>> https://www.thereciperebel.com/cinnamon-butter/ and you probably have all the ingredient in your kitchen right now!
Pickled eggs are a tradition in PA! We all love them. They are easy to make too. Just boil your eggs and add your store bought pickled beets. If you don’t have pickled beets, just regular canned beets, add equal parts water and apple cider vinegar to make your liquid. Let you p
This site includes ads and affiliate links. I may receive a small commission (at no extra expense to you) if you make a purchase after clicking on a link. Thank you for supporting motherhenfive.com.
We love the prospect of a new beginning! With the start of spring starting today make plans to get the most out of spring. It is hard to believe that 3 months have already past in 2019. It feels like the new year just started yesterday.
I’ve made a bucket list for spring that you can download and make some memories. Take some picture and actually put them in a photo album! We are great at taking pictures, but what do we do with them? Usually, they are still on our phone or we delete them because we need space on our phone.
Have a great spring, which includes, Easter, Tax Day, Mother’s Day, & Memorial Day!
Check out other related spring post:
Happy spring from MH5!