There is nothing like being with grandkids. We have 4 with 2 on the way! Recently I went to Milwaukee to visit with Paul and Michelle. Silas and I did a cooking video. We made No-Bake Cookies to share with the church family the next day.
Making the video was fun! Watch the whole thing to see the blooper at the end!
Enjoy a cookie favorite!
Cooking with Nana & Si – No Bake Cookies!
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Cups quick-cooking oats
- Add first five ingredients to a 4 quart saucepan.
- Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth, then stir in the oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or 2 tablespoons), drop onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Let cool until set, about 30 minutes. Store in air tight container.